Pets are part of our family and while the may have open doors to every room of our home, some homeowners have very strict rules about even having a pet and we ultimately want them to picture themselves owning our place and that may imply a couple of must do before showing our place:
- Clean, clean & more cleaning:
- This is one of the things that we know we have to do but just don’t want to…we have to be cleaning up constantly when we’re showing our home to potential buyers, specially with pets around. We want to make sure we are showing a clean space that even smells fresh and clean.
- If you can get your pets out for the showing the better:
- During showings, consider having your pets out, we don’t know how pets will react with every person that comes to your place, they are strangers for your pets and we don’t want to stress people out or even your pet! So, if you can get your pets out or have someone to look out for them will be better for everyone!
- We love our pets, but no matter how much we love them they’re still animals, and they may have damaged or broke something, carpets, furniture, walls, doors and turf are the most common things to be damaged. All of this damage must be repaired prior to showing your place.
- Talk to your pet’s veterinarian:
- One important thing to have in mind is that pets have their own needs, needs that will be best explained by a veterinarian. Talk to him/her about your selling plans and take his advice in consideration.
- Arrange your yard:
- Pick up any messes in the backyard, repair any damage to the grass or bushes or plants you may have, this kind of investments will payoff! When someone wants to negotiate the price you’ll have tools and hard evidence to maintain your price!
These are the most important things for pet owners selling their house to have in mind, remember, you don’t have to do this on your own and I can help you get everything ready! Give me a call so I can help you! +1 (714) 315 – 0783